26 March 2008

Vulcan report and TV crew

Today morning I visited The school in Vulcan and had a meeting with it's new director Roxana Fagaraseanu. It was a pleasant meeting, she is very thankful for what the charity has done for the school in the past years, and for now we discussed the new project of the new cupboards for milk and croissants.

I have told her that the charity agreed in purchasing these furniture for them and they will be made locally. Also told her that we want these cupboards to be used both for school and kindergarten in Mina 1 Mai, and when we deliver them we need a letter of acceptance of donation.

I visited the furniture workshop in Vulcan, met the boss as well, they started today to work on the new cupboards. Mr. Manitiu sends his best wishes to the team members.

Than I was in Mina 1 Mai. Visited the John Roche dispensary, which was on duty today. Met the doctor there, the nurse and there were 2 patients inside and about 3 outside in the waiting room. She said that this was her second visit in this dispensary in March.

I went to the school, but it was ... just the guardian. They all went today to a children's theatre play. Garofita called and apologized for not being there, she said that this event was a last minute one. However I went in and took a photo about the wall, they plan to put the new cupboards.
Finally went to the hospital. The dentist was there too today, so I saw a bit of action there. She also gave me a list of required items for the surgery like: anesthetics, plastic gloves, some medicine, and I will get this in the following week or so to have them on the next visit.

Surprise, suprise! Who was visiting the Hospital? The main TV station from Bucharest, Realitatea TV (like a Romanian CNN), as they broadcast news 24 h a day. See the attached photo as they broadcast live form Mina 1 Mai. I don't know more about this, as I haven't been too long there, perhaps next time, a visit which I will make it soon, I will get more information on this.

No comments: