24 November 2007

Avoid these restaurants

I remember in August, we decided with the team to go out, have a nice team meal together. We have chosen the ESCALA Restaurant from Ghimbav, near Brasov. Actually we were there before, in March, just after the opening and we enjoyed there. But now I must say everything was different. New staff were there, who were young and without much experience (not their fault, but not ours either) than we had a power cut for over an hour, and they instead of dismissing us, they rather wanted to keep us there no matter what... Food came very late, soup was cold, the meal was not exactly what we ordered...They did not had about 75% of the dishes presented in the menu, only one type of wine, instead of ice cream they brought us a certain cream which was tasteless and we gave it back immediately, and... they put that on the bill as well...the bill which was over 750 Lei (about 160 Pounds)...not cheap! We were disappointed. Not recommending it to anyone!

In September I went with the Mormon people to have a meal at Timisu De Sus, a restaurant, named Pensiunea GEIZER. A huge place, entirely empty. It was interesting! The waiter came, who had no idea what meal do they have and what they don't... We had to order and then he came back saying that what is available and what is not. As the cream soup was not available we could only choose between the pork sour soup, and the peasant beef sour soup. These two look like the same but tastes different. I ordered beef the lady next to me ordered pork soup. Than he came with the soups on a big plateau, and he did not know which is which! So he places a soup in the front of me, another one in the front of the lady. I asked than is this the beef soup? he said : "I don't know, why don't you just taste it?"!.... Unbelievable! So I tasted and it was pork, no beef, but what could I do, should I have given to the lady?
What would you have done?

No comments: